Saturday, March 14, 2009

ट्रेनों में शौचालय : मजेदार शिकायत


this is very funny story from Indian Railways

following is Okhil Chandra Sen's complaint to
the Sahibganj divisional railway office in 1909. The letter
is on display at the Railway Museum in New Delhi.
I am arrive by passenger train Ahmedpur station and my belly is too much swelling with jackfruit.
I am therefore went to privy.
Just I doing the nuisance that guard making whistle
blow for train to go off and I am running विथ

'lotah' in one hand and 'dhoti' in the next
when I am fall over and expose all my shocking to man and
female women on plateform.
I am got leaved at Ahmedpur station.
This too much bad, if passenger go to make dung that
dam guard not wait train five minutes for him.
I am therefore pray your honour to make big fine on
that guard for public sake. Otherwise I am making big report
to papers.

Any guesses why it is of historic value?
It led to the introduction of toilets on trains

No comments: